Halfway There – 20% Project Week 3

This week, my goal was to finish my first painting and start my second. Last week I learned that I need to move quicker to get through this project and achieve my goals, and I am happy to report that this week I did just that! I got straight to work, and finished my first painting with loads of time to spend on my second painting. Looking back at it now, I’ve realized that my first painting looks kind of thick and not as smooth and pristine as I would have hoped. Still, I am proud of what I have done with my first painting, and it might not be perfect but I am still happy! I started working on my second painting as well, and I am very happy with how it’s looking! When I first showed Ms. Moffat my references, she told me that doing a gradient is very hard, and I needed to do them for my second and third pieces. As I was completing the gradient, it was pretty simple and easy although it took some time to perfectly blend the colors smoothly together. I got more than halfway done with my second piece, and overall I was very productive giving me more work time. Thankfully, everything went smoothly this week, and I didn’t have any struggles. Next week, I won’t have to make any drastic changes to help move things along. Still, I would like to clean up sooner so I don’t have to stay in class a few extra minutes. My goal for next week will be to finish my second painting. We are halfway through our project, and I’ll see you all next week to report back on my progress!