A Real Life Hero

My hero is my mom. She is an amazing person in so many ways and I can wait to express them with you. The first reason she is a hero is because of the way that she perseveres. After going off to college, she knew what she wanted to be, a doctor. However to become a doctor you need to go through medical school. This means that you need to try really hard in college to even get accepted. She worked super hard and after turning in her application, she didn’t get in. she didn’t let this ruin her dreams though. She instead went to work for the army as a doctor, and ended up working with them during 9-11. This was an eye opening experience for her, and has always inspired her. During this time she also met my dad, the love of her life, on a vacation to San Diego. She later got excepted into medical school and worked her tail off to get her to the position she’s in today, working at a children’s hospital as a pediatric neurologist. Another reason she is my hero is because she is hardworking. She has worked many days and hours at her job at the hospital, and never seems to stop. You can’t get this woman on a vacation without her having to bring her work laptop! I’ve watched her try really had at her job, and it has given her many opportunities to go higher and higher up in the hospital. She hasn’t only worked hard at work, she also works hard with us. She takes me and my sister to soccer practice and games, even if she ends up having to do her Zoom meeting in the parking lot! On days that she’s at home, she works the entire time, and still ends up making us a delicious dinner. She is very hardworking and it inspires me to work hard too. The last reason my mom is my hero is because she is always thinking five steps ahead. After going through college and medical school, she has decided to get her E.M.B.A, which will allow her to move even higher up in her job. Although it is rough, we all know it’s for the best, and that she deserves the best. She also thinks ahead with us, she knows that doing charity work and philanthropy is important for college and in general, so we are already starting now. The more philanthropy you do, the better and I love how she thought fo both me and the people in our city at the same time! As you can see, my mom is not only an amazing person, she is worthy of being my hero.